The story continues

after 20 years of raising young children, dreaming of the day when they would no longer need me 24/7, I realized that day is almost here. This blog is about building our happily ever after.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hold on tight, and reach as far as you can.

I find myself starting a blog, after years and years of blogging about homeschooling and raising my young sons. I started those blogs to share what our homeschool life looked like, and to have a place to recount our daily activities. At this point in my life, I find myself starting a blog to help me sort out this new part of my life.



My sons are rapidly approaching adulthood, and I find myself simultaneously holding on with every fiber of my being to the past, and reaching as far as I can into the life that I want for our future. I spend hours looking at photos, and reminiscing about the really great times I have had raising my boys, and yet I spend just as much time daydreaming and planning for retirement, and couples vacations, and the journey that lies ahead for my husband and I.

It's an odd phase of life, almost like limbo, that we are in and I am hoping my blog will help me sort through the emotions, experiences, and thoughts that go with this phase.

1 comment:

  1. You know, Marty and I were just talking about this yesterday. On one hand, I don't want the changes that come with them getting older, but on the other hand I think about all of the good things ahead. Of course, I usually end up feeling guilty about thinking of all of the things ahead. What a crazy time this is!

    ReplyDelete