The story continues

after 20 years of raising young children, dreaming of the day when they would no longer need me 24/7, I realized that day is almost here. This blog is about building our happily ever after.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My favorite part of preparing for the holidays....


Over the years it has been my "job" to make the Grandma cookies for my family, including my siblings and my Dad. I enjoy the tradition of making them, and love to share them with my family. I love the memories that come flooding back when I make them.
In years past, this has been a harried, busy process that had to be done around our crazy lifestyle. Some years I had "helpers", some years I did them in a rush early in the morning or late at night so that I could get them finished and not have them all eaten before Christmas day.
This year, I have baked almost every day for the entire month of December. Every night, I pour a glass of wine and get to my task. I have made it a point to do it slowly, and enjoy it. I have made it my purpose to enjoy the process, and have turned it into a grown up activity that relaxes me and helps me feel great about the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment